Course Description: This course is designed to enhance the student’s defensive pistol skills. The drills will consist of rapid presentation to the target, changing your angle to get a safer shot, shoot/don’t shoot drills, divided attention drills, and more. This is a fun and challenging class.
Each student will receive a letter documenting their training.
Students will need to bring the following:
- All personal safety equipment (eye/ear protection, brimmed hat, etc)
- A quality firearm with a minimum 6-shot capacity
- Minimum of three magazines of 10-round capacity or more; a minimum of five magazines if less than 10-round capacity. Revolver shooters will need at least five loaders.
- A holster that will not collapse when the pistol is drawn and that does not have a retention device that requires the use of the trigger finger to actuate (such as the Serpa). AIWB is good to go, but no crossdraw or shoulder rigs.
- Concealment garment
- Personal comfort items (drinks, snacks, chairs, etc)
- 300 rounds of ammunition
Skill Level: In order to attend this class, the student should be capable following directions, accepting coaching, and have safe gun-handling skills. There will be some movement with drawn pistols and shots at 25 yards. There will be strict time and accuracy standards.