This class is designed to impart the skills and knowledge to operate a pistol, and it forms the foundation of our pistol training program. This course (or an approved substitute) is a prerequisite for our other pistol courses.
This course is available as a private, small group, or open-enrollment class.
The class will cover the following topics:
- Loading and Clearing
- Proper Grip and Stance
- Proper Trigger Technique
- Presentation (Draw)
Students will need to bring the following:
- All personal safety equipment (eye/ear protection, brimmed hat, etc.)
- A quality firearm with a minimum 6-shot capacity (semi-automatic preferred)
- Minimum of three loading devices (magazines, speed loaders, etc) w/ carriers
- A strong-side holster that will not collapse when the pistol is drawn (also, no Serpa or similar type holsters)
- Concealment garment
- Personal comfort items (drinks, snacks, chairs, etc.)
- 200 rounds of ammunition