Prerequisite: This class is not for the first time student. Students should have already completed a course that required drawing from concealment under time limits, be a graduate of a police academy, or actively competing in action pistol sports such as IDPA or USPSA. If you have any questions about this, please contact me at email@example.com.
Course Description: This course is designed to enhance the student’s defensive pistol skills. The drills will consist of rapid presentation to the target, malfunction clearances, close contact shooting, shooting with movement, and more. This will be a fun and challenging class. Students will shoot a qualification course for score to conclude the class.
Each student will receive a letter documenting their training.
Students will need to bring the following:
- All personal safety equipment (eye/ear protection, brimmed hat, etc)
- A quality firearm with a minimum 6-shot capacity
- Minimum of three magazines of 10-round capacity or more; a minimum of five magazines if less than 10-round capacity. Revolver shooters will need at least five loaders.
- A holster that will not collapse when the pistol is drawn (nylon, non-reinforced leather, etc) and that does not have a retention device that requires the use of the trigger finger to actuate (such as the Serpa). AIWB is good to go, but no crossdraw or shoulder rigs.
- Concealment garment
- Personal comfort items (drinks, snacks, chairs, etc)
- 300 rounds of ammunition
Skill Level: In order to attend this class, the student should be capable following directions, accepting coaching, and have safe gun-handling skills. There will be some movement with drawn pistols and shots at 25 yards. There will be strict time and accuracy standards.
POST Credit: POST certified peace officers will receive POST credit for this class.